Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day 23: Rules

Rules
People hate rules. But I rather enjoy them.
Rules can save lives. Rules can help prevent unwanted things. Rules allow for this world to function.

There are even rules here in the office. For example, we have an IN/OUT board to let us all know where you are. Very helpful. We also have a "clean up after yourself" rule along with a weekly chore board for the bigger office cleaning tasks.

However the rule that I mostly enjoy is the rule of locking the bathroom door. We have both sexes in our office and just one bathroom. There is one particular male in my office who insisted on getting a lock for this door to prevent him walking in on one of his female co-workers. This rule is smart and has a purpose.

Today there was a moment in the afternoon when things were slow and I had a really full bladder, so I decided to head on over to the bathroom. I opened the door........And what did I find???? This said male co-worker of mine tucking his shirt into his pants. "WHAT HAPPENED TO THE LOCKING THE DOOR RULE BUDDY!" is what I wanted to say, but all I could get out was an "I'm sorry".

How embarrassing!

Needless to say I LOVE rules! Especially when people follow them!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Maybe get another bathroom installed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna! Sounds like a fun day at the office! I think that either another bathroom of a lock would be a good idea. And like, an "occupied" sign, so when someone tries to get in and you're in there and they knock, it's not all awkward when you have to answer :P
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete