Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 2: Late

Yesterday was my first day of work, and let me tell you it is nothing like the show The Office. I watched 2 whole seasons just to prepare myself, but that show is not the real world. First of all, I don't have a crazy boss who always wants to talk in the conference room. In fact, we have yet to have a meeting. Secondly, there are no cameras. Every time I do a goofy "Jim" smile I expect a camera crew to be watching me. This is not the case. Instead I look ridiculous. Thirdly, even though my job is slack for this week (until I become officially trained), I still have things to do. There are no pranks being pulled, there are no parties, and there is definitely NOT any flirting.

Overall it was a great first day! It went by quickly, I got some work done, and so far my boss is happy!!!!

Today, however, is already a different story. Due to a stalled car I missed my second bus, which made me 30 minutes late. Good thing they are very understanding here at Camp Arnes!

So right now I am sitting in my chair, at my desk, in my empty cubical (which is gray and depressing) all sweaty from a 20 minute walk (from Monroe to work......not bad timing!!!) just waiting for a program to download.

More to come later! I promise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment